Additional Facilities Information
Sanford Manley
2004-02-09 04:46:49 UTC
Searchable database of airports (and navaids) -click the tabs

Includes snapshots of airfields, radio frequencies, nearby
navaids and frequencies and if you go in person, hotels,
and other facility information

http://www.airnav.com/
--
Sanford M. Manley
I have Bonfils in My Head
http://www.livejournal.com/users/ansaman/
Shabby
'nutherBob

Jim Hendrickson
2004-02-12 23:27:28 UTC
Post by Sanford Manley
Searchable database of airports (and navaids) -click the tabs
Includes snapshots of airfields, radio frequencies, nearby
navaids and frequencies and if you go in person, hotels,
and other facility information
http://www.airnav.com/
Yup, very good resource. I've been using it for quite a while-
unfortunately most of the fields I fly to are the smaller ones, and there
are quite a few I've looked up there that don't have a photo or airport
diagram. I guess if I were a RL pilot I'd take a camera along just so I
could take submit some photos of the smaller fields.

I always thought it would be neat if FS could interface with the data at
airnav.com in regards to fuel prices so it could keep a tab of how much your
fuel bill would be at the end of every month.