Question from a newbie
Supermom
2003-10-28 01:30:51 UTC
I am looking for some advise and hope that someone here would be able to
give me some direction as I have no idea where to look. I have just helped
an older couple replace there old PII computer with a brand new 2.6 GhrZ,
fully loaded. The problem is the gentleman loved playing WarbirdsII on the
old PC but his old joystick is not compatible and the game is Windows 95/98
and they have XP now. He does not play online, he just likes to relax at
home and enjoy the game. Could anyone suggest a comparable replacement
product. Thank you in advance for any help.
Tom Garrett
2003-10-29 02:20:11 UTC
Hi Supermom!
I was waiting for others to respond but since no one has, I'll give you my
$.02.
I use a Microsoft Force Feedback Pro with XP in my games. I've used it in
Flight Sim 2000,2002,and 2004. It works great. It should do a good job for
the gentleman.
But you could also check out flight sticks in the computer stores and see
on the packaging if they are compatible with XP.
I'd be interested in what happens.
Tom
Supermom
2003-11-01 14:56:52 UTC
Thank you for the suggestion I will take a look.Unfortunately theirbrand new
computer suffered a hard drive crash within a month of purchaseing it so it
we have spent time getting that fixed but once done I will take a look.
supermom
John Morgan
2005-07-15 01:06:47 UTC
Hi Supermom,

Sorry you hear that the computer went on the fritz. I see that there is a
newer version of Warbirds out now called Warbirds 2005 at the developer's
website http://www.totalsims.com/. I hope that helps

God Bless,
John Morgan