Planes slip across runways in FS2K
AD
2003-09-27 19:22:10 UTC
My aircraft "slip" across the runway when taking off/landing. I can't seem
to stay centered. I have no trouble in the air, just on the ground. Mine's
a Logitech Wingman Action Pad.. I calibrate it, both before and after
starting the program, but no luck.

Al Davis
Quilljar
2003-09-27 22:15:28 UTC
Post by AD
My aircraft "slip" across the runway when taking off/landing. I
can't seem to stay centered. I have no trouble in the air, just on
the ground. Mine's a Logitech Wingman Action Pad.. I calibrate it,
both before and after starting the program, but no luck.
Al Davis
All aircraft are more subject to more torque from the prop, when on the
ground, if these ARE props. You need to use rudder to correct this. If you
have auto rudder selected, it might be best to de-select it and then use
whatever rudder control you have (as a pilot has to when in this situation.)
Auto rudder takes much of the realism away from the sim.

---
AD
2003-09-28 14:58:25 UTC
Hmmm,
It hppens on props and turbos alike. No problems in the air though; maybe
it's my start up alignment on the runways (?). Something for me to check I
suppose.