FS2004 Restarting Computer!
Anthony
2004-05-26 20:48:08 UTC
I purchased FS2004, a great game and series by the way,
and installed on my computer with the following specs:

AMD Athalon 64-bit 3200+ (running at 2Ghz)
1 Gb. PC2700 DDR Ram
128 Mb. Nvidia GeForce FX5200

I installed the game, with my graphics drivers and
directx completely updated, and it started to work fine.
However, about 30 min. into the game - every time i run
it - the screen just turns black, and the computer
unexpectedly restarts! I can be taxing down the runway,
in the menu, flying, etc., and the computer will just
suddenly restart. I have installed the newest video
drivers + directx drives.The performance of the game is
great, but this problem is obviously is making the game
unplayable.

Has anyone else had this problem - especially with a
GeForce FX5200 card? I'm a real fan of the flight
simulator series, and I would really love to get FS2004
working.

Anyone's assistance would be grealty appreciated.
Gary
Dave
2004-07-04 22:01:07 UTC
I had similar problem when i changed from 512MB RAM to 1024MB RAM. It was
cured by increasing the ram voltage from 2.5V to 2.78V and the CPU core from
1.65B to 1.68V because of overclocked CPU FSB. Make sure u have a good PSU
and plenty ventilation. I would not consider any less than 400W power
supply. Watch your temperatures has you up your volts.

Athlon 2600+ 333FSB Tbred clocked at 2080Mhz and overclocked 378FSB
1024Mb RAM in 2 sticks of 512MB PC3200 400Mhz CL3 under clocked to 378Mhz
7NJS nForce2 chipset (non ultra version)
ATI9800pro gfx
500W PSU.

Dave
Quilljar
2004-08-06 16:08:48 UTC
It sounds like overheating in the CPU. Try taking the cover off your machine
and putting a big fan by it and see if it improves. If so get a bigger
internal fan fitted. You can also get slot fans as expras if you have a
spare slot.