Optimal ATI 9700 Pro drivers & settings for FS2004?
Dean H. Owens
2004-04-25 20:11:41 UTC
I have an ATI 9700 Pro with Cat 4.4 drivers running on a Win XP Pro P4
3.0GHz with 1GB RAM. I get 20FPS with every setting maxed.

Is it my imagination or with each new Cat. drivers is the FS2004 image
quality decreasing?

Can anybody tell me the best CAT. driver, Cat. driver settings, and FS2004
settings combination to get the best image quality?

Thx,

Dean
Greg
2004-04-25 22:13:07 UTC
I got the best speed with Cat 3.2 and not too much worse with Cat 3.7. Since
I have a AIW card I wanted the latest MMC which needs the newer Cats. I now
run 4.4 but think I'll go back to 3.2 and MMC 8.5. The quality does not seem
much different to me with the older Cats.
Dean
JAD
2004-04-25 23:43:37 UTC
this will be dependent on your personal feeling of what is a 'good'
image is. AA / AF settings along with refresh rates and type of
monitor are the most noticeable and frequently adjusted settings. They
change just about with every game. When you upgrade any driver (well
most anyway) the settings may revert back to defaults and so you would
have to take note of your prior settings and check to see if they are
remaining the same. This is really a personal 'feeling' rather than a
definite 'set them this way and you'll be happy' kind of thing. In XP
refresh rates are a constant problem. make sure that you are using the
'INF' file (driver) for your monitor. No 'default monitor' on a ATI
adapter description in display properties.
Dean
dmac
2004-04-26 12:32:26 UTC
try out dna drivers at http://www.dna-drivers.nl/
I have had much better luck with them than ati or omega.
--
David MacLeod
Etna, Maine USA
Dean
AA Arens

Dean
dmac
2004-09-07 21:10:11 UTC
I believe they would work for all ati cards.
--
***@midmaine1.com
remove 1 to reply
Dean H. Owens
2004-04-26 20:16:36 UTC
I think the best Cat driver I've had was 3.7.

Diagonal lines appear jagged, stair cased if you get my drift. What are the
best settings to mitigate this effect?

Dean