What's the difference between FS2004 --> FSX???????
w***@winkie.com
2008-05-29 22:20:13 UTC
anonymous
2008-06-20 22:58:13 UTC
The are many differences. For example, there is more highly detailed
scenery, structured missions that give you rewards when you complete them,
enhanced multiplayer (you can even be the air traffic controller in the
deluxe version!), and the new Garmin glass cockpits in the deluxe version.
However, do not trust the minimum system requirements. These are the bare
minimum requirements just to launch the program. To actually play the
program, it is very slow unless you have a fast computer. These are the
specs for my computer:

Dell Dimension E520
Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 (4MB L2 Cache, 2.13 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
2GB DDR2 RAM at 667MHz
250GB SATA Hard Drive
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

Even with these components, this game with the highest graphics settings
performs at around 5fps. I have the settings somewhat lower and I get
20-30fps. Perhaps if I get a 512MB graphics card that is DirectX 10
compatible (this game with either the Acceleration Expansion Pack or with
the SP2 update is DirectX 10 compatible), I will get considerably good
performance.

Hans Stam
2008-06-27 12:58:18 UTC
Post by anonymous
[...]
Yes, you are right, you need a very fast computer..
I work with the fs2004 and this is very OK..
Also the prices for the fs2004 are very cheap here in Netherlands,9,95
euro !

Best wishes!

Hans
Vid the Kid
2008-08-16 15:21:05 UTC
Post by anonymous
version. However, do not trust the minimum system requirements. These
Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1
In the case of your version of Windows, Vista is more like the "minimum"
whereas you'll probably get better performance on the same hardware if
you run Windows XP SP2 (or SP3).
--
Vid the Kid

"Does this font make me look fat?"