MS Flight Simulator and the AMD 64-bit processor
DJ
2005-10-10 01:36:10 UTC
Can anyone tell me when Microsoft will re-write MS Flight Simulator so it
can fully exploit the capabilities of the AMD Athlon FX-5x 64-bit CPUs?

Thanks, Daniel
Adam Webb
2005-10-10 11:16:10 UTC
they wont. not for a few years at least... probably FS11 will be multicore
and 64bit compatable...
--
From Overlag - Adam Webb
Thanks, Daniel
Art
2005-10-10 20:30:42 UTC
I thought someone posted some info about a conference
MS recently had where they said it would be written
for 64 bit, if I am not mistaken.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Thanks, Daniel
Bill Leaming
2005-10-10 21:36:04 UTC
Post by DJ
Can anyone tell me when Microsoft will re-write MS Flight Simulator so it
can fully exploit the capabilities of the AMD Athlon FX-5x 64-bit CPUs?
When pigs learn to fly... ;)

Seriously, anyone who does know the answer is not allowed by contract
(non-disclosure agreement) to say. Anyone who claims to know the answer is
simply lying through their teeth.

Bill