FS2004 Freezes Computer
Loran Swymer
2003-09-13 15:41:43 UTC
My Environment:

AMD 1.2Ghz Processor
60G Hard Drive
XP Pro
GeForce4 MX440 Video Card (64MB)
MS Sidewinder Joy Stick

Every program I have runs fine, except for MS FS 2004. I can select an
aircraft, taxi to the runway, but that's about as far as I get before the
computer freezes and I have to hard reboot. Usually happens during take
off, just as I leave the runway. It's getting very frustrating!

Anyone have any ideas? All help is surely appreciated.

Thanks!

Loran Swymer
Byron Miller
2003-09-14 15:01:28 UTC
Sounds like an hardware conflict.

What sound card do you have? Do you hear clicking and buzzing on the audio
at all?

I would visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com, downlaod all the updates and do
NOT install the Nvidia driver from there, rather go to http://www.nvidia.com
and downlaod the latest drivers there and work from that point on.
--
-byron

// Totalsimulation.com // Flight Sim Resources!
Loran Swymer
Loran Swymer
2003-09-14 22:52:39 UTC
I have a Sound Blaster card - no clicking or buzzing...it just stops in mid
flight. I've downloaded the latest driver from nvidia - still no joy
:-( Kids seem to think it's my video card - so we'll see. Thanks anyway!
Loran Swymer
Tom Winsor
2003-09-18 11:48:53 UTC
Is the sound card in the PCI slot closest to the AGP slot? Try putting the
sound card in a different slot.
I had the same experience and was advised to move the sound card because
those two slots share some resources.
Loran Swymer
Jay Williams