vatsim.net
Joe Stevenson
2004-02-27 17:47:19 UTC
Has anyone tried vatsim.net? I want to try it but I wanted to see what
others think of it before I load it on my computer. Also, is it compatable
with FS2004?

It seems kind of interesting and fun.

Thanks in advance!!!
Ed Margel
Thanks in advance!!!
The Flyingdutchman
2004-03-01 08:44:31 UTC
Hi Joe,

yup VATSIM is compatible with FS2004, check
http://www.vatsim.net/prc/login/index.php
and sign up, this is the pilot training centre where you can learn
everything about flying on vatsim!!!

Go and try ;) you'll never want anything else!

Greetz,

Evert
Thanks in advance!!!
Brendan Hoffmann
2004-04-03 20:05:44 UTC
VATSIM is great. Look on google for a program called ServInfo. It displays
all controller and pilot information on VATSIM. Don't fly at any large
airports with student controllers. I had one at O'Hare and he was a hassle.
Not to say that some students are very good though.
Thanks in advance!!!
Handsome
2004-04-03 20:51:15 UTC
Post by Brendan Hoffmann
VATSIM is great. Look on google for a program called ServInfo. It displays
all controller and pilot information on VATSIM. Don't fly at any large
airports with student controllers. I had one at O'Hare and he was a hassle.
Not to say that some students are very good though.
Only towers are usually controlled by students as they start their learning
curve......... To say not to use them seems a bit counter productive and not
in keeping with the spirit of the community.

Pilots who storm about in 747s ........running before they can
walk.........cause a lot more hassle than any student controllers. At least
they have to show some level of competence before they can start. (in UK
anyway)
Steve Morley
2004-04-06 21:17:04 UTC
Hi Joe,
Post by Brendan Hoffmann
VATSIM is great. Look on google for a program called ServInfo. It displays
all controller and pilot information on VATSIM. Don't fly at any large
airports with student controllers. I had one at O'Hare and he was a hassle.
Not to say that some students are very good though.
I had a great student controller at Portland Tower the other night,
and he was dealing with a whole gaggle of flights coming in about
5 minutes apart.

So far, all the controllers I've met were great, and very helpful (I'm
still a newbie with VATsim).
Post by Joe Stevenson
with FS2004?
It seems kind of interesting and fun.
It is. I'm a RW pilot who's been out of the air for about 10 years
and am getting my medical up to date, taking the written etc... VATsim
is a great way to get back into the procedures side of things.

Hope to see you in the air. I'll be the one flying C-GZLG :)

Steve