MSFS-2004 Boeing 747 Avionics Master Switch
Frank Dennis
2004-12-14 20:44:50 UTC
Fellow Simmers:

I have just started getting familiar with the MS-FS-2004 Boeing 747-400
airplane but I'm having some difficulties.

For the life of me, I can't find the Avionics Master Switch. Can someone
help with that?

Also, after a few minutes of familiarization with controls, the video
displays just go out. Now I've seen something similar with the 737-400 if
the start switches are returned to the off position rather than the
generator position after starting engines. But I don't see anything similar
to that here. Can someone help with that also?

Thanks.
Frank Dennis
DB
2004-12-15 04:33:00 UTC
Frank,

Unfortunatelly the default a/c are not perfect and thus some of the
important switches are not shown, i.e., Avionics Master, Battery, and
Generator/Alternator switches.

Your problem is that after about 5 minutes of having the battery turned on
it will die on you...unless:

1 - you turn on the engine(s) and the Generator/Alternator(s)
2 - you have a registered FSUIPC module where you can select the ammount of
time you want the battery to last.

Because the Avionics Master, Battery, and Generator/Alternator switches are
not visible, you need to MAP them on your key assignments.

Hope it helps.

Damian