Efficient fuel consumption
Pathfinder Associates
2003-08-07 06:16:50 UTC
I don't know about the King Air, but I find the best speed and fuel economy
in the Learjet 45 is FL450.

Check the plane's specs and find the max ceiling it will fly. I'd say go
about 2K-5K ft less than max ceiling.

Can't hurt to try. :)
Hi,
I'm trying to fly around the world with King Air 350 in FS2002.
According to its data its maximum range is 1700nm. I planned my first
leg for 1400nm but I began to be short on fuel at 1000nm and had to
make an unplanned landing to refuel.
Any idea on how to make better mileage? I thought it was enough to fly
at cruise height (35,000), but apparently this is not enough.
Thanks!
Adi
Bill Leaming
2003-08-07 21:14:46 UTC
Any idea on how to make better mileage? I thought it was enough to fly
at cruise height (35,000), but apparently this is not enough.
You have a choice: fly for maximum range, or fly for maximum speed... Or,
more precisely anywhere inbetween those extremes... :)

You must carefully adjust your throttles, props and mixtures for the
lowest fuel flow to obtain maximum range.

Bill
--
Fr. Bill Leaming
***@comcast.net

Religious Error: (A)tone (R)epent (B)lame Satan

***@avsim.com: http://avsim.com
Eaglesoft Development Group: http://eaglesoftdg1.com
FS2002 FAQ: http://209.15.180.153/MSFS/faq.htm
Personal Website: http://catholic-hymns.com/frbill